Department of English, College of LAS, University of Illinois


Illinois Department of English Blog

.

.
Welcome to the Department of English blog.



My name is Vicki Mahaffey and I took over as
head of the department on July 1, 2016. I'll be using this site to post updates and information of interest to our faculty, students, and alumni,
along with reflections about our discipline(s) in particular and the humanities in general. As anyone who has ever worked or studied here knows, the Department of English is a vibrant place. If you have something you'd like to see posted here, or if you want to contact me about the content of this blog, drop me an email at vmahaffe@illinois.edu.


Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ninth Letter


Volume 6.1 of Ninth Letter is now available: get 'em while they're hot off the press!

I got my copy today and am happy to report: the format has been completely redesigned (smaller pages, cool inserts, a different kind of interaction between writing and graphic design) but the quality of the writing is as compelling as ever. But don't take my word for it: read it for yourself! I'd also urge you to read the nice story about Jodee Stanley and the other creators of Ninth Letter that was printed in the most recent edition of Inside Illinois (the UIUC faculty news weekly), and to check out the website associated with the magazine (psst -- they even have their own blog: I guess my sending you there would be an example of blog-rolling).

You can subscribe by following the link from the main Ninth Letter site or directly from the link provided here. If anyone is interested in making a contribution to help support the production of future issues, you can do that from the Ninth Letter site or, again, here.

No comments:

Blog Archive