Department of English, College of LAS, University of Illinois


Illinois Department of English Blog

.

.
Welcome to the Department of English blog.



My name is Vicki Mahaffey and I took over as
head of the department on July 1, 2016. I'll be using this site to post updates and information of interest to our faculty, students, and alumni,
along with reflections about our discipline(s) in particular and the humanities in general. As anyone who has ever worked or studied here knows, the Department of English is a vibrant place. If you have something you'd like to see posted here, or if you want to contact me about the content of this blog, drop me an email at vmahaffe@illinois.edu.


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hot Links

I wanted to quickly post two links here.

The first is to a news story written by our University's news bureau about Robert Dale Parker's book Changing is Not Vanishing. I posted an announcement about the book in this space a month or so ago, but I'd recommend that you take a look at this story too: in addition to an interesting account of the book's generation, it has a very handsome picture of Bob.

The second link is to the American Council of Learned Societies website, and in particular to their page announcing the Collaborative Research Fellowships awarded for 2011. There you will find an abstract of the project that our own Michael Rothberg will be working on next year along with two collaborators. Or you could just click here for abstract of the project. ACLS funding is highly competitive, so I'm proud on behalf of the department to be able to post this information here.

No comments:

Blog Archive