Department of English, College of LAS, University of Illinois


Illinois Department of English Blog

.

.
Welcome to the Department of English blog.



My name is Vicki Mahaffey and I took over as
head of the department on July 1, 2016. I'll be using this site to post updates and information of interest to our faculty, students, and alumni,
along with reflections about our discipline(s) in particular and the humanities in general. As anyone who has ever worked or studied here knows, the Department of English is a vibrant place. If you have something you'd like to see posted here, or if you want to contact me about the content of this blog, drop me an email at vmahaffe@illinois.edu.


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Administrative Professionals Day

Administrative Professionals Day falls each year on the Wednesday of the last week in April. So: today! As is the custom, I had a nice lunch with the staff who work with me on a daily basis in EB 208.

Despite the clunky title and corporate pedigree, this is a day I'm really happy to celebrate. Because--as every single one of the 150-200 people who teach in the English department in a given year can attest--we have a great staff in our department. I work most closely with the main office staff, Becky Moss, Amy Rumsey, and Deb Stauffer, and I hope I've made it clear to them, over and over and over again, how much I appreciate their help with everything always. And I mean everything. Always. I don't know if they read this blog, but I kind of hope they stumble upon it... And of course this is not to slight the great contributions made by staff in other departmental offices, who also do an incredible job helping to manage the leviathan that is our department.

This whole week is administrative professionals week, in fact, so if you are in the English Building and read this, go and say thanks!

No comments:

Blog Archive